What is Metrology? Metrology is the systematic and highly precise gathering of data in time and space. Metrology seeks to reduce and eventually eliminate the scrap and downtime in a process by gathering the information and acting upon its significance in the most effective, efficient manner.
BMI uses our metrology tools and experience to supplement our client’s capabilities:
- Tramming of portable machining equipment at precise locations
- Assisting in fabrication by locating critical placement components
- Leveling/tramming of industrial machinery for proper operation
- Measuring of large complex weldments beyond typical measurement tools
- Measuring and reporting on current condition (as-built, as-machined, as-oriented)
- Generating and exporting of IGES files for use in secondary fit-up/mating of related components